- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- French Phrases
L'Oustau de la Baumanière
At a Glance
- low-key in style and flair with lots of ammenities
- one of the greatest restaurant in Provence
- so low-key, with some rooms bordering on generic, you wonder if it is worth it
- can be hit and miss with service
Fodor's FindsLowest Price Guarantee
L'Oustau de la Baumanière Review
Spread over three historic buildings just outside the village of Les Baux, guest rooms at this fabled hotel are the last word in Provençal chic—breezy, private, and beautifully furnished with antiques yet done with a contemporary flair. Elizabeth Taylor, Picasso, Churchill, and thousands of others have headed to this oasis—sheltered by rocky cliffs and set amid formal landscaped terraces—for some quintessential luxe-Provençal pampering. As for the famed Baumanière restaurant (reservations essential), Ducasse-trained chef Sylvestre Wahid's continues to attract culinary pilgrims who delight in the varied menu—blue lobster grilled with butter in its shell, alongside spaghettini with truffles and basil.
- Address: Val d'Enfer, Les Baux-de-Provence, 13520 | Map It
- Phone: 04-90-54-33-07
- Website: www.oustaudebaumaniere.com
- Location: Les Baux-de-Provence
- 17 rooms, 13 suites.
- Rate includes some meals.
- Hotel and restaurant closed Jan.--Feb.; restaurant closed Wed. and Thurs. in Mar., and Oct.--mid-Dec.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $859 & up -- Mediterranean 7-Night Summer Cruise Royal Caribbean
- $599 & up -- 7-Night Roundtrip Spain Cruise in Spring — $599 Royal Caribbean
- $599 & up -- Weeklong Italy & France Cruise in Summer — $599 Royal Caribbean
- $649 & up -- 7-Night Cruise thru Mediterranean in Summer — $649 Royal Caribbean
- $1449 & up -- Balcony: Summer France, Italy & Spain Cruise — $1,449 Royal Caribbean
Today you should wear pretty much everything you brought, and you may need to buy some more.
The temperature is 52F, winds about 15 with higher gusts. Hard rain showers interspersed with bright sun. Tomorrow Read more
May, 2013 My partner and I travelled for 14 days in Provence and Paris in May 2013. Read more
Thanks to all who helped in the planning! Read more
· News & Features
If the scent of olive trees, honey, and flowers is in the air, you've made it to Aix-en-Provence. ... Read more
We travel for many reasons, not the least of which is to experience a new way of life.... Read more
Ever wondered what it might be like to cook in Julia Child’s kitchen?... Read more