- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- French Phrases
At a Glance
- an elegant stay in the country
- excellent sommelier
- some visitors have found the reception a little cool
- restaurant a short distance away from inn
Chez Bru Review
Belgian chef Wout Bru has gained a reputation (and Michelin stars) for his understated, subtly balanced cuisine; his wife Suzy has earned kudos for her equally savvy sense of style; and together they have created a tranquil haven of deluxe comfort. After making a success of the Bistrot d'Eygalières in Eygalières' village center, they expanded their empire to open this retreat 4 km (2.5 mi) away, where guest rooms are gorgeously chic, well-appointed, and sleek. Although the beautiful scenery and fab pampering may distract you, the main focus here is on the talented chef and his extraordinary restaurant (closed Monday and mid-November to March). Try the king crab with spinach, oysters, and a potato-truffle mousse or the lobster with tomato and wakame tartar.The couple's second location on Rue de la République offers less expensive accommodation ($$$).
- Address: Rte. D'Orgon, 4 km (2.5 mi) from Eygalières, which is 10 km (6 mi) southeast of St-Rémy on D99 then D24, Eygalières, St-Rémy-de-Provence, 13810
- Phone: 04-90-90-60-34
- Website: www.chezbru.com
- Location: St-Remy-de-Provence
- 7 rooms, 2 suites.
- Rate includes breakfast.
- Closed mid-Nov.--Mar.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $859 & up -- Mediterranean 7-Night Summer Cruise Royal Caribbean
- $599 & up -- 7-Night Roundtrip Spain Cruise in Spring — $599 Royal Caribbean
- $649 & up -- 7-Night Cruise thru Mediterranean in Summer — $649 Royal Caribbean
- $1449 & up -- Balcony: Summer France, Italy & Spain Cruise — $1,449 Royal Caribbean
I began planning this wonderful trip last September for my husband and I. Read more
We avoided lines yesterday by taking a combination of RER B and bus 48 to the Parc des Buttes Chaumont. Read more
First timer here...have been go-ogling last couple of weeks for planning my first trip to Europe
Every search throws up some Fodor forum link...and have been very impressed by the people who Read more
· News & Features
If the scent of olive trees, honey, and flowers is in the air, you've made it to Aix-en-Provence. ... Read more
We travel for many reasons, not the least of which is to experience a new way of life.... Read more
Ever wondered what it might be like to cook in Julia Child’s kitchen?... Read more