Religious Sites in The Basque Country, Gascony, and Hautes-Pyrenees
- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- French Phrases
Religious Sites in The Basque Country, Gascony, and Hautes-Pyrénées
Basilique Souterraine St-Pie X
Lourdes celebrated the centenary of Bernadette Soubirous's visions...
The Cathédrale (called both Ste-Marie and Notre-Dame)...
Église Saint-Martin se Sare
The Église Saint-Martin se Sare, one of the Labourd province's...
Grotte de Massabielle
What is now a huge pilgrimage site (and a big business) has humble...
La Chapelle Impériale
If you wish to pay your respects to the Empress Eugénie...
Walk into the old section of St-Jean-Pied-de-Port through the...
The Pavillon Notre-Dame, across from St-Pie X, houses the Musée...
The marriage of the Sun King and the Infanta took place in 1660...
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- Small budget: Stay in Biarritz this May Fr $153+/Nt Save with Expedia, $35/night less
- 4-Star Mercure Le President Biarritz Centre Fr $178+/Nt Save with Hotels.com, $13/night less
- Book 3-Star Pierre & Vacances Residence Haguna Fr $119+/Nt — $119 Expedia
- 4-Star Grand Tonic Biarritz Fr $171+/Nt — $171 Save with Hotels.com, $74/night less
- Super Low Biarritz Rate: Book Fr $326+/Nt — $326 Save with Hotels.com, $81/night less