Sights & Attractions in The Basque Country, Gascony, and Hautes-Pyrenees
- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- French Phrases
Fodor's Choice Sights in The Basque Country, Gascony, and Hautes-Pyrénées
Brèche de Roland
Another dramatic sight is 12 km (7 mi) west of the village of...
Cirque de Gavarnie
A spectacular natural amphitheater, the Cirque de Gavarnie has...
Musée National du Château de Pau
Pau's regal past is commemorated at its Musée National...
|Castles / Palaces||Pau|
The château on the hill above town can be reached by escalator...
|Museums / Galleries, Castles / Palaces||Lourdes|
Petit Train de la Rhune
The Petit Train de la Rhune, a tiny wood-panel cogwheel train...
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- Starting Fr $401: Great Biarritz Price Save with Hotels.com, $162/night less
- Book in Biarritz: Save this May Fr $153+/Nt Save with Expedia, $35/night less
- 4-Star De Chiberta & Du Golf Fr $158+/Nt — $158 Save with Hotels.com, $40/night less
- Book 3 Nts in Biarritz this May Fr $119+/Nt — $119 Expedia
- Book in Biarritz Fr $326+/Nt — $326 Save with Hotels.com, $81/night less