The Loire Valley Hotels
- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- French Phrases
Loire Valley Hotel Reviews
Even before the age of the railway, the Loire Valley drew vacationers from far afield, so there are hundreds of hotels of all types. At the higher end are sumptuous, stylishly converted châteaux, but even these are not as pricey as you might think. Note that most of these are in small villages, and that upscale hotels are in short supply in the major towns. At the lower end is a wide choice of gîtes, bed-and-breakfasts, and small, traditional inns in towns, usually offering terrific value for the money. The Loire Valley is a popular destination, so make reservations well in advance—in July and August, this is essential (and we're talking weeks in advance, not days).
Beware that from November through Easter, many properties are closed.
Browse Loire Valley Hotels
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- Save in Tours: Book 3 Nts in May Fr $134+/Nt Save with Expedia, $15/night less
- $140 & Up: Cheap Tours Stay Save with Hotels.com, $69/night less
- Book 4-Star Novotel Tours Sud Fr $118+/Nt — $118 Expedia
- 4-Star Alliance Tours Centre Fr $116+/Nt — $116 Save with Hotels.com, $13/night less
- Save $$ in Tours: Book Fr $80+/Nt — $80 Hotels.com