- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- German Phrases
Getting Here and Around
Nuremberg is centrally located and well connected, an hour north of Munich and two hours east of Frankfurt by train. Five autobahns meet here: A-3 Düsseldorf-Passau, A-6 Mannheim-Nürnberg, A-9 Potzdam-München, A-73 Coburg-Feucht, and B-8 (four lane near Nürnberg) Würzburg-Regensburg. Most places in the Old Town may be reached on foot.
English-language bus tours of the city are conducted April-October and in December, daily at 9:30, starting at the Mauthalle, Hallplatz 2. The 2½-hour tour costs €15. For more information, call 0911/202-290. An English-language tour on foot through the Old Town is conducted daily May-October at 1; it departs from the tourist-information office on the Hauptmarkt. The tour costs €9 (plus entrance to the Kaiserburg €2). City tours are also conducted in brightly painted trolley buses April-October, daily at one-hour intervals beginning at 10 at the Schöner Brunnen. The cost is €6. For more information call the Nürnberg tourist office.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- Super Low Nuremberg Rate: Book Fr $156+/Nt Save with Hotels.com, $53/night less
- Small budget: Stay in Nuremberg this May Fr $146+/Nt Expedia
- Hot Deal on a 6 Nt Cruise! Avalon Waterways Fr $2,007 Expedia
- Explore Nuremberg For Less! Book Fr $78+/Nt — $78 Save with Hotels.com, $7/night less
- See Nuremberg & More: 13 Nts Aboard Avalon Waterways Fr $4,633 — $4,633 Expedia