- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- German Phrases
Top Reasons to Go
Sachsenhausen: Frankfurt's "South Bank"—with gourmet restaurants, fast food joints, live music establishments, and bars—is one big outdoor party in summer.
Paleontology paradise: Beyond a huge dinosaur skeleton, the Senckenberg Natural History Museum has exhibits of many other extinct animals and plants, plus dioramas of animals in their habitat.
Enjoy the outdoors: The parks and riverbanks are popular with locals and tourists for strolls, sunbathing, and picnics.
Get some wheels: Hop on and tour the city sites from your rented bike; you'll be in good company alongside locals.
Exotic experience: Go to the Frankfurt Zoo's exotarium where coral, fish, snakes, alligators, amphibians, insects, and spiders are on display.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- German Holidays! Flights to Frankfurt From 565 R/T ASAPTickets.com
- Save in Frankfurt: Book 3 Nts in May at City -West Fr $97+/Nt Expedia
- Frankfurt Savings! Book at Steigenberger Metropolitan Fr $174+/Nt Expedia
- 4-Star Frankfurt Sale! 4 Nts + Air Fr $1006 Expedia
- Hot Deal on a 11 Nt Cruise! Avalon Waterways Fr $3,731 Expedia