Heidelberg and the Neckar Valley Feature
- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- German Phrases
Top Reasons to Go
Heidelberg Castle: The architectural highlight of the region's most beautiful castle is the Renaissance courtyard—harmonious, graceful, and ornate.
Heidelberg's Alte Brücke: After a walk under the twin towers that were part of medieval Heidelberg's fortifications, you have the best view of the city and the castle.
Burg Hornberg: With its oldest parts dating from the 12th century, this is one of the best of more than a dozen castles between Heidelberg and Stuttgart.
Stuttgart's museums: Top art galleries like the Staatsgalerie or the Kunstmuseum contrast with the Mercedes and Porsche museums, where the history of the auto mobil is illustrated by classic cars, from posh limousines to sleek racing cars.
Tübingen Altstadt: With its half-timber houses, winding alleyways, and hilltop setting overlooking the Neckar, Tübingen is the quintessential German experience.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- Stuttgart Savings! Book at Pullman Fontana Stuttgart Fr $132+/Nt Expedia
- Book 3-Star Flora Moehringen in Stuttgart Fr $102+/Nt Save with Expedia, $19/night less
- May deal: Golden Leaf Stuttgart Airport & Messe Fr $83+/Nt — $83 Expedia
- Special deal: 4-Star Mercure Stuttgart Airport Messe Fr $109+/Nt — $109 Expedia
- Book in Stuttgart: Save this May Fr $147+/Nt — $147 Expedia