Sights & Attractions in Munich
- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- German Phrases
Things to Do in Starnbergersee
The Buchheim Museum, on the western shore of the lake, has one...
|Museums / Galleries||Starnbergersee|
König Ludwig II Votivkapelle Berg
On the lake's eastern shore, at the village of Berg, you'll find...
|Memorials / Monuments||Starnbergersee|
The castle of Possenhofen, home of Ludwig's favorite cousin...
|Castles / Palaces||Starnbergersee|
Just offshore is the tiny Roseninsel, where King Maximilian II...
The Starnbergersee is named after its chief resort, Starnberg...
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- German Holidays! Flights to Munich From 585 R/T ASAPTickets.com
- Book the Novotel Muenchen Airport 3 Nts in May Fr $157+/Nt Expedia
- Look no Further! Munich Hotels Fr $123+/Nt Travelocity
- Dream Deal: Treff Munchen City Centre 4 Nts + Air Fr $1321 Expedia
- Hot Deal on a 8 Nt Cruise! Avalon Waterways Fr $2,669 Expedia