Saxony, Saxony-Anhalt and Thuringia Feature
- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- German Phrases
Top Reasons to Go
Following Martin Luther: Trace the path of the ultimate medieval rebel in Wittenberg, Eisenach, and the Wartburg and gain valuable insight into the mind and culture of a person whose ideas helped change the world.
Frauenkirche in Dresden: Rising like a majestic baroque phoenix, the church is a worthy symbol of a city destroyed and rebuilt from its ashes.
Görlitz: Balanced on the border between Germany and Poland, this architectural gem is relatively undiscovered; you'll feel as if you have the whole town to yourself.
Weimar: The history of Germany seems to revolve around this small town, whose past residents are a veritable who's who of the last 400 years, including Goethe, Schiller, Bach, Liszt, and Gropius.
Wine tasting in the Salle-Unstrut: The castle-topped, rolling hills covered in terraced vineyards are perfect for biking, hiking, and horseback riding.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- Small budget: Stay in Dresden this May Fr $78+/Nt Save with Expedia, $6/night less
- Save in Dresden: Book 3 Nts in May at Hilton Dresden Fr $236+/Nt Save with Expedia, $102/night less
- Save Big This May! Book 3 Nts at Elbflorenz Dresden Fr $144+/Nt — $144 Save with Expedia, $34/night less
- Special deal: 4.5-Star The Westin Bellevue Dresden Fr $179+/Nt — $179 Save with Expedia, $25/night less
- Book 4-Star Villa Weltemuehle Dresden Fr $79+/Nt — $79 Save with Expedia, $32/night less