- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- German Phrases
Weil der Stadt
Weil der Stadt Review
Weil der Stadt, a former imperial city, is in the hills 17 km (10 mi) southeast of Pforzheim. This small, sleepy town of turrets and gables has only its well-preserved city walls and fortifications to remind you of its onetime importance.
Kepler Museum. The astronomer Johannes Kepler, born here in 1571, was the first man to track and accurately explain the orbits of the planets, although most experts agree that Kepler stole his calculations from, and then quite possibly murdered, Tycho de Brahe. And, appropriately, the town now has a planetarium to graphically show you what he learned. The little half-timber house in which he was born is now the Kepler Museum in the town center. It's devoted to his writings and discoveries. Keplerg. 2, Pforzheim, D-71263. 07033/6586. www.kepler-museum.de. €2. Thurs. and Fri. 10-noon and 2-4, Sat. 11-noon and 2-4, Sun. 11-noon and 2-5.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- Stuttgart Savings! Book at TOP Messe Europe Fr $145+/Nt Expedia
- Stuttgart Savings! Book at Relexa Wald Schatten Fr $118+/Nt Save with Expedia, $12/night less
- Save Big This May! Book 3 Nts in Stuttgart Fr $129+/Nt — $129 Save with Expedia, $92/night less
- arcona MO. on Sale: Book 3 Nts in May Fr $148+/Nt — $148 Save with Expedia, $36/night less
- Save Big This May! Book 3 Nts in Stuttgart Fr $154+/Nt — $154 Expedia
Above is a blog that I hope will be entertaining and helpful to anyone who might be interested in backpacking across the continent. This is specifically for anyone who's Read more
We just returned from a relatively quick eight-day holiday break to Berlin, Dresden and Prague and are trying to get going on a trip report while things are still fresh in mind.
I’ve Read more
My dad (he's 72) and I are going to Germany mid-October. Read more
· News & Features
From the steamed cider aromas that hit you in the lobby to the local ingredients served in the restaurant,... Read more
You might not expect to find yourself amongst wine grapes a mere 75 miles outside of New York City.... Read more
Summertime is practically synonymous with road trips.... Read more