The Fairy-Tale Road Feature
- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- German Phrases
Top Reasons to Go
Weser Valley Road: Drive or bike the scenic highway between Hannoversch-Münden and Hameln: a landscape of green hills, Weser Renaissance towns, and inviting riverside taverns.
Marburg: Staircase streets and university students climb the steep hillsides of this half-timber town; sit outdoors and soak up the atmosphere.
Bremen: Browse the shops and galleries lining the picturesque Böttcherstrasse and Schnoorviertel, then savor the city's rich coffee tradition.
Dornröschenschloss Sababurg: The supposed inspiration for Sleeping Beauty's castle, Dornröschenschloss's spiral staircases, imposing turrets, and fairy-tale setting will delight lovers of the tale.
Schlosspark Wilhelmshöhe: Home to a stunning, crescent-moon palace and a fairy-tale castle, the park's trees, ponds, and wide-open spaces offer a dramatic contrast to the urbanity below.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- Star Inn Bremen Columbus in May: $139 & Up Expedia
- Starting Fr $129: Great Bremen Price Save with Hotels.com, $37/night less
- Save in Bremen: Book 3 Nts in May Fr $205+/Nt — $205 Expedia
- Save $$ in Bremen: Book Fr $127+/Nt — $127 Save with Hotels.com, $130/night less
- BEST WESTERN Zur Post in May: $169 & Up — $169 Save with Expedia, $17/night less