- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- German Phrases
The best way to travel is by car. The autobahn network serves Hanau, Fulda, Kassel, Göttingen, and Bremen directly, but you can't savor the fairy-tale country from this high-speed superhighway. Bremen is 60 km (35 mi) northwest of Hannover.
The Fairy-Tale Road incorporates one of Germany's loveliest scenic drives, the Wesertalstrasse, or Weser Valley Road (B-80 and B-83), between Hannoversch-Münden and Hameln; total mileage is approximately 103 km (64 mi).
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- Bremen Savings! Book 3 Nts in May Fr $140+/Nt Expedia
- Explore Bremen For Less! Book Fr $187+/Nt Hotels.com
- Save in Bremen: Book 3 Nts in May at Landgut Horn Fr $142+/Nt — $142 Expedia
- 4-Star Landgut Horn Fr $120+/Nt — $120 Save with Hotels.com, $13/night less
- Bremen Savings! Book at Atlantic Grand Bremen Fr $204+/Nt — $204 Expedia