- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- German Phrases
At a Glance
- quiet location amid the vines
- friendly staff
- far from the sights
Weingut Fitz-Ritter Review
The centuries-old stone cottage sleeps up to four people and has a private pool on the parklike grounds of the Fitz-Ritter wine estate, which dates to 1785. There are also four rooms available in a historic winery courtyard full of oleanders, palms, fig trees and nesting swallows. Following his parents' retirement in 2007, Johann Fitz became the ninth-generation owner of the family winery, bringing with him the expertise of an economics degree from Berkeley and his enology studies on his return to Germany. There are concerts and festivals in the garden, courtyard, and vaulted cellars (request a calendar of events). Tastings and tours of the cellars, vineyards, and garden are possible. The minimum stay in the cottage is seven nights.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- German Holidays! Flights to Frankfurt From 565 R/T ASAPTickets.com
- Book 3-Star Admiral in Frankfurt Fr $81+/Nt Expedia
- Visit Frankfurt for Less: Hotels Fr $127+/Nt Travelocity
- Save at 4-Star Hotel: 4 Nts + Air to Frankfurt Fr $1003 Expedia
- Hot Deal on a 7 Nt Cruise! Uniworld Boutique Cruises Fr $2,489 Expedia
Above is a blog that I hope will be entertaining and helpful to anyone who might be interested in backpacking across the continent. This is specifically for anyone who's Read more
We just returned from a relatively quick eight-day holiday break to Berlin, Dresden and Prague and are trying to get going on a trip report while things are still fresh in mind.
I’ve Read more
We are planning a driving holiday for 7 days in southern Germany with our 6 month old son.
Our plan is to drive from Munich -> Fussen (2 nights) -> Rothenburg (2 nights) -> Wurzburg -> Bamburg Read more
· News & Features
Earlier this week, Consumer Reports released their annual study of the best and worst domestic airlines.... Read more
From the steamed cider aromas that hit you in the lobby to the local ingredients served in the restaurant,... Read more
You might not expect to find yourself amongst wine grapes a mere 75 miles outside of New York City.... Read more