- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- German Phrases
Getting Here and Around
The town center is a car-free zone; an inner ring road circles it with parking garages on the perimeter. A convenient parking lot is just across from the railway station and within 50 yards of the tourist office, which is on Windeckstrasse near the Hauptbahnhof. Bonn has extensive bike paths downtown; these are designated paths (often demarcated with blue-and-white bicycle symbols) on the edges of roads or sidewalks. Pedestrians, beware: anyone walking on a bike path risks getting mowed down. Bicyclists are expected to follow the same traffic rules as cars. In Bonn the Radstation, at the main train station, will not only rent you a bike and provide maps, but will fill your water bottle and check the pressure in your tires for free.
Bilingual bus tours of Bonn cost €15 and start from the tourist office. They're conducted daily at 2 from Easter to October, and Saturday only November to March. Walking tours are also available for €8; from April to October they are offered at 11 am.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- 4-Star NH Duesseldorf City Nord Fr $101+/Nt Save with Hotels.com, $25/night less
- D?sseldorf Savings! Book 3 Nts in May Fr $109+/Nt Expedia
- Hot Deal on a 7 Nt Cruise! Uniworld Boutique Cruises Fr $2,539 Expedia
- Super Low D?sseldorf Rate: Book Fr $216+/Nt — $216 Hotels.com
- Special deal: 4-Star Courtyard Dusseldorf Seestern Fr $100+/Nt — $100 Expedia