- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- German Phrases
Sports and the Outdoors
Mittelrhein Klettersteig. For those with Alpine hiking ambitions, there is this climbing path, a via ferrata complete with cables, steps, and ladders. It's an alternate route of the Rhein-Burgen-Wanderweg (hiking trail from Koblenz to Bingen). The trail starts at St.-Remigius-Platz, about 1 km (½ mi) from Boppard Hauptbahnhof. Allow two to three hours for the climb, though there are several possibilities to return to the "normal" path in-between climbs. Rent the necessary gear at the Aral gas station on Koblenzer Strasse in Boppard (P06742/2447). St.-Remigius-Pl., Boppard, 56154.
Weinwanderweg. The 10-km (6-mi) hiking trail from Boppard to Spay begins north of town on Peternacher Weg. Many other marked trails in the vicinity are outlined on maps and in brochures available from the tourist office.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- BEST WESTERN PREMIER Park Consul Koln in May: $95 & Up Expedia
- Save $$ in Cologne: Book Fr $111+/Nt Save with Hotels.com, $28/night less
- Hot Deal on a 7 Nt Cruise! Uniworld Boutique Cruises Fr $2,539 Expedia
- Book in Cologne: Save at the Flandrischer Hof in May Fr $110+/Nt — $110 Expedia
- Save $$ in Cologne: Book Fr $225+/Nt — $225 Save with Hotels.com, $143/night less