- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- German Phrases
Getting Here and Around
Augsburg is on a main line of the superfast ICE trains, which run every hour—about 45 minutes from Munich. The center of town with the main attractions can be visited on foot. To continue on the Romantic Road, take a regional train from the main train station to Ulm, Donauwörth, or Nördlingen.
Walking tours (€7) set out from the Rathaus daily at 2. All tours are conducted in German and English.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- Save in Augsburg: Book 3 Nts in May Fr $156+/Nt Expedia
- Augsburg Savings! Book at BEST WESTERN Dasing-Augsburg Fr $99+/Nt Expedia
- Save Big This May! Book 3 Nts at Augusta Fr $149+/Nt — $149 Expedia