- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- German Phrases
At the old walled town of Donauwörth, 28 km (17 mi) southeast of Nördlingen, the Wörnitz River meets the Danube. If you're driving, pull off into the clearly marked lot on B-25, just north of town. Below you sprawls a striking natural relief map of Donauwörth and its two rivers.
Käthe-Kruse-Puppen-Museum. The town is the home of the famous Käthe Kruse dolls, beloved for their sweet looks and frilly, floral outfits. You can buy them at several outlets in town, and they have their own museum, where more than 130 examples dating from 1912 are displayed in a specially renovated monastery building, the Käthe-Kruse-Puppen-Museum. Pflegstr. 21a, Nördlingen, 86609. 0906/789-170. €2.50. May and Sept., Tues.-Sun. 11-5; June, July, and Aug., Tues.-Sun. 10-5; Apr. and Oct., Tues.-Sun. 2-5; Nov.-Mar., Wed. and weekends 2-5; Dec. 25-Jan. 9, 2-5 daily.
- Location: Nördlingen
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- Small budget: Stay in Augsburg this May Fr $153+/Nt Expedia
- Small budget: Book Augusta 3 Nts in May Fr $146+/Nt Expedia
- BEST WESTERN Dasing-Augsburg in May: $97 & Up — $97 Expedia
Above is a blog that I hope will be entertaining and helpful to anyone who might be interested in backpacking across the continent. This is specifically for anyone who's Read more
We just returned from a relatively quick eight-day holiday break to Berlin, Dresden and Prague and are trying to get going on a trip report while things are still fresh in mind.
I’ve Read more
I'll be in Munich for 3 days/2 nights at the end of June, with my parents. Read more
· News & Features
The Swiss city of Basel is getting ready to host to the who's who of the art world yet again, with the... Read more
Do you suffer from Vacation Deprivation?... Read more
Steinbeck said it well—no matter how many plans you make, its the destination that scoops you up... Read more