- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
The main office of the Greek National Tourism Organization (GNTO; EOT in Greece) is at Tsocha 7, in the Ambelokipi district, not far from the Megaron Mousikis concert hall, in the heart of Athens. Their offices generally close around 2 pm. The Web site of the city of Athens (www.cityofathens.gr) has a small but growing section in English but also check out their more enticing new entry (www.breathtakingathens.com). The English-speaking tourist police can answer questions about transportation, steer you to an open pharmacy or doctor, and locate phone numbers of hotels and restaurants.
City of Athens Web site. The official City of Athens visitors' website for useful and up to date info on Athenian life. www.breathtakingathens.com.
Greek National Tourism Organization (EOT) (Tsoha 7, near Megaron Mousikis, Ambelokipi, Athens, 11521. 210/870-7000. www.visitgreece.gr. Eleftherios Venizelos International Airport, arrivals hall, 19019. 210/353-0445. EOT Information desk, Dionysiou Areopageitou 10, Plaka, 10558. 210/3310392 or 210/3310716.)
Tourist Police (Veikou 43, 4th fl., Koukaki, Athens, 11854. 171; 1572 GNTO - Tourist Protection Line for consumer complaints.)
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $1649 & up -- Greek Islands 8-Night Escape w/Air & Ferry go-today
- $529 & up -- Summer: Italy-Greece-Turkey 7-Night Cruise Royal Caribbean
- $1799 & up -- 'World's Best': Luxe European Cruises, 70% Off — $1,799 Windstar Cruises