Attica, the Saronic Gulf Islands, and Delphi Feature
- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Top Reasons to Go to Attica, the Saronic Gulf Islands, and Delphi
Delphi, "Navel of the World": Delphi's Sanctuary of Apollo invites you to imagine a time of oracles, enimagic prophecies, and mystical emanations.
Sunset at Sounion: Perched over the water, the spectacular Temple of Poseidon still summons strong emotions in this land of seafarers.
Mighty Marathon: Dare you retrace Pheidippides's first marathon when he ran 26 hilly miles from this town to Athens in 490 BC?
Car-Free Isles: Serene, aristocratic and tasteful Hydra and Spetses are home to carless streets, 19th-century merchant mansions, and welcoming harbors.
Pistachio Perfection: Those sweet-yet-salty nuts from the isle of Aegina are reputedly the world's best.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $1649 & up -- Greek Islands 8-Night Escape w/Air & Ferry go-today
- $1799 & up -- 'World's Best': Luxe European Cruises, 70% Off Windstar Cruises