- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Just off the narrow road leading into Legrena village and a few miles before Sounio, this reasonably priced fish restaurant is open for lunch and dinner. More than two-thirds of the diners here are returning customers, which says a lot about this taverna run by a Greek-British husband-and-wife team. Like their sister taverna in Glyfada, the menu is built around generous portions of fresh fish and seafood, like the steamed mussels with feta in wine cheese sauce or the seafood pasta, with marvelous additions like a twisted spanakopita, spinach pie made with homemade phyllo (winter/early spring only), and boiled or fresh mixed salads in season. At the end of the dinner, the plate of seasonal fruit or the homemade chocolate kormos (log-shaped) cake is on the house. Beware of busy summer Sundays, when reservations are strongly advised.
- Address: Off Athens-Sounion coastal road, 3 km (2 mi) south of Sounion, Legrena, 19500
- Phone: 22920/51936; 22920/51810
- Location: Sounion
- Credit cards accepted.
- Closed Mon.--Thurs. in Nov.--Mar.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $1649 & up -- Greek Islands 8-Night Escape w/Air & Ferry go-today
- $529 & up -- Summer: Italy-Greece-Turkey 7-Night Cruise Royal Caribbean
- $1799 & up -- 'World's Best': Luxe European Cruises, 70% Off — $1,799 Windstar Cruises
My husband, one daughter, and I arrived in Athens for a long weekend in the middle of the night. Read more
We had a fantastic trip to Cyprus, Rome and Athens, thanks in large part to the wonderful advice I received from Fodorites. Read more
Does anyone know which of the major car rental companies (Hertz, Avis, National, Sixt) will allow you to return the car to the Heraklion ferry port, rather than back to the airport?
I've seen people mentio Read more
· News & Features
Author and Greek culinary guru Henriette Lazaridis Power peels back the curtain on some of the best Greek... Read more
Honeymoons are the chance to take the adventure of a lifetime.... Read more
These hotels have a problem with commitment.... Read more