Sights & Attractions in Attica, the Saronic Gulf Islands, and Delphi
- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Things to Do in Marathon
Attica Zoological Park
Youngsters tired of trekking through museums may appreciate the...
|Zoos / Aquariums||Marathon|
Lake Marathon, the huge man-made reservoir formed by the Marathon...
|Bodies of Water||Marathon|
Marathon Archaeological Museum
About 1½ km (1 mi) north of the Marathon Tomb in the Vranas...
|Museums / Galleries||Marathon|
The 30-foot-high Marathon Tomb is built over the graves of the...
|Memorials / Monuments||Marathon|
Less crowded than Schinias beach, Paralia Varnava is reached...
The coves at Rhamnous, about 2,000 feet from the approach, are...
The archaeological site at Rhamnous, an isolated, romantic spot...
The best beach is the long, sandy, pine-backed stretch called...
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $1649 & up -- Greek Islands 8-Night Escape w/Air & Ferry go-today
- $1799 & up -- 'World's Best': Luxe European Cruises, 70% Off Windstar Cruises