- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Top Reasons to Go to Corfu
Corfu Town: Recognized by UNESCO as a World Heritage Site, this sophisticated little gem of a city glows with a profusion of picturesque reminders of its Venetian, French, and British past.
Some Enchanted Islet: As they savor the famous view of Pontikonisi, from the patio of a Starbucks in suburban Kanoni, how many of today's visitors know that tiny "Mouse island" was thought by the ancients to be Odysseus's ship turned to stone by Poseidon?
Mon Repos: Owned by the Greek royal family before they were deposed, the elegant neoclassic villa of Mon Repos, with its enchanting seaside gardens and secret beach, was originally built as a love gift from a British lord high commissioner to his wife.
Homer's City of the Phaeacians: Once extolled by Odysseus, Paleokastritsa remains a swimmable, sunable spectacle of grottoes, cliffs, white sand, and turquoise waters.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $1649 & up -- Greek Islands 8-Night Escape w/Air & Ferry go-today
- $699 & up -- Oceanview: Roundtrip Venice Cruise Royal Caribbean
- Albania, Macedonia & Beyond IExplore
- Greece Experience — $3,125 IExplore
- $549 & up -- Last Minute: Greek Islands and Turkey Cruise — $549 Royal Caribbean