- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Elounda Beach Hotel & Villas
At a Glance
- beautiful, comfortable accommodations
- lovely gardens
- attentive service
- one of the world's finest hotels
- self-contained resort a distance from town and other services
- room rates are €675 and up (but check hotel for deals)
- too many rooms?
Fodor's FindsLowest Price Guarantee
Elounda Beach Hotel & Villas Review
One of Greece's most renowned and luxurious resort hotels, on 40 acres of gardens next to the gulf of Mirabello, Elounda Beach has inspired dozens of imitators—and little wonder, as the array of delights here are dazzling: 5 restaurants (including the Kafenion, in a stage-set traditional Greek plaza setting) with cuisines that range from gourmet Continental to casual taverna style; a dramatic Cretan architectural vocabulary of whitewashed walls, shady porches, and cool flagstone floors; and a guest-friendly variety of accommodations, from villas with James Bond-like electronic gadgetry and their own swimming pools to large, gracious doubles in a hotel block. All have terraces or gardens and are beautifully appointed (the higher-priced suites are truly glorious), but the nicest are those tucked away in gardens above a stretch of shoreline reached by stone steps from your own waterside veranda. Two sandy beaches are the jumping-off point for numerous water sports, including scuba diving. As for dining, one is spoiled for choice. Dionyssos is the flagship eatery, with an exquisite patio setting, serious gourmet selections, and more than 8,500 bottles at your beck and call. Others will opt for the starlit ceiling of Blue Lagoon and its Polynesian and sushi delights.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $529 & up -- Summer: Italy-Greece-Turkey 7-Night Cruise Royal Caribbean
My husband, one daughter, and I arrived in Athens for a long weekend in the middle of the night. Read more
We had a fantastic trip to Cyprus, Rome and Athens, thanks in large part to the wonderful advice I received from Fodorites. Read more
Does anyone know which of the major car rental companies (Hertz, Avis, National, Sixt) will allow you to return the car to the Heraklion ferry port, rather than back to the airport?
I've seen people mentio Read more
· News & Features
Author and Greek culinary guru Henriette Lazaridis Power peels back the curtain on some of the best Greek... Read more
Honeymoons are the chance to take the adventure of a lifetime.... Read more
These hotels have a problem with commitment.... Read more