- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Top Reasons to Go to Peloponnese
Ancient Ruins A to Z: Some of Greece's greatest classical ruins, including Corinth, Mycenae, and Olympia, are all packed into this region.
Nafplion Grace: The favorite Greek city of many seasoned travelers has a magnificent setting on the gulf of Argos, imposing remains, an animated waterfront, and street after street of old houses, churches, and mosques.
Majestic Mani: True connoisseurs of Greece flaunt the fact that they've traveled to this far-from-the-madding-crowds region, famed for its silent villages, stark landscapes, and feeling of mystery.
High Drama: The theater at Epidauros, the setting for a highly acclaimed drama festival, still claims acoustics so perfect that every word can be heard—even from the very last of its 55 tiers.
Byzantine Glory: Two remarkable strongholds, Mystras and Monemvassia, display the region's Byzantine legacy.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe