- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
The fishermen's quarter is a small district of narrow, alleylike streets running between cramped little houses that huddle beneath the walls of Acronafplia. The old houses, painted in brownish yellow, green, and salmon red, are embellished with additions and overhangs in eclectic styles. The walk is enjoyable, but keep a low profile to respect the privacy of the locals.
Ayios Apostoli. The pretty, miniature whitewashed chapel of Ayios Apostoli, perched near the top of the neighborhood, has six small springs that trickle out of the side of Acronafplia. Off parking lot of Psaromachalas, 21100.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
My husband, one daughter, and I arrived in Athens for a long weekend in the middle of the night. Read more
We had a fantastic trip to Cyprus, Rome and Athens, thanks in large part to the wonderful advice I received from Fodorites. Read more
We will be in Greece from June 27th-July 8th and have our itinerary roughly set. Read more
· News & Features
Author and Greek culinary guru Henriette Lazaridis Power peels back the curtain on some of the best Greek... Read more
Honeymoons are the chance to take the adventure of a lifetime.... Read more
These hotels have a problem with commitment.... Read more