- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Taverna Melathron Review
A nice break from the tourist traps that dominate the Olympia dining scene, Melathron offers down-to-earth fare in a simple, traditional taverna. Moussaka and other casseroles, cabbage rolls stuffed with ground beef, and grilled meats dominate the straightforward menu, and meals can be enjoyed a sidewalk terrace with a view of animated town life.
- Address: Douma 3, Olympia, 27065
- Phone: 26240/22916
- Location: Olympia
- Credit cards accepted.
- Closed mid-Nov.--Mar.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
My husband, one daughter, and I arrived in Athens for a long weekend in the middle of the night. Read more
We had a fantastic trip to Cyprus, Rome and Athens, thanks in large part to the wonderful advice I received from Fodorites. Read more
After spending the past couple of weeks in Turkey (currently in Antalya), we're heading for Kos (Greece) on May 4th or 5th (still undecided) for one night, then moving on to other islands and northern Greece Read more
· News & Features
Author and Greek culinary guru Henriette Lazaridis Power peels back the curtain on some of the best Greek... Read more
Honeymoons are the chance to take the adventure of a lifetime.... Read more
These hotels have a problem with commitment.... Read more