- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
The sloping streets heading up to the Kastro are the setting for this oinopoleia, or wineshop, which sells wine from barrels to a loyal clientele and serves simple but excellent fare. The rustic taverna room and rear garden are the places to sample delicacies like the spicy sausage meatballs known as soutzoukakia or rabbit braised with white wine and rosemary.
- Address: Pandokratoros 57, Patras, 26223
- Phone: No phone
- Location: Patras
- No credit cards.
- Closed last 2 wks of Aug. No lunch.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
My husband, one daughter, and I arrived in Athens for a long weekend in the middle of the night. Read more
We had a fantastic trip to Cyprus, Rome and Athens, thanks in large part to the wonderful advice I received from Fodorites. Read more
We will be in Greece from June 27th-July 8th and have our itinerary roughly set. Read more
· News & Features
Author and Greek culinary guru Henriette Lazaridis Power peels back the curtain on some of the best Greek... Read more
Honeymoons are the chance to take the adventure of a lifetime.... Read more
These hotels have a problem with commitment.... Read more