- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Continuing the tradition begun by his father in 1957, Yiannis Katsimprakis serves the very best seafood on Rhodes and speaks passionately of eating fish as though it's a lost art. Don't bother with the menu; just ask for suggestions, throw pecuniary cautions to the winds, and savor every bite, whether you choose caviar, mussels in wine, smoked eel, or sea urchins. He even cooks up porphyra, the mollusk yielding the famous purple dye of the Byzantine emperors. A side dish might be sautéed squash with wild glistrida (purslane), grown in the restaurant's own gardens.
Alexis 4 Seasons. If you visit during the off-season, try Katsimprakis's other restaurant, Alexis 4 Seasons, which is open year-round. Aristotelous 33, 85100. 22410/70522 or 22410/70523.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $699 & up -- Oceanview: Roundtrip Venice Cruise Royal Caribbean
My husband, one daughter, and I arrived in Athens for a long weekend in the middle of the night. Read more
We had a fantastic trip to Cyprus, Rome and Athens, thanks in large part to the wonderful advice I received from Fodorites. Read more
My boyfriend and I are both wanting to plan a backpacking trip to Europe i want to spend some time everywhere and see everything. Read more
· News & Features
Author and Greek culinary guru Henriette Lazaridis Power peels back the curtain on some of the best Greek... Read more
Honeymoons are the chance to take the adventure of a lifetime.... Read more
These hotels have a problem with commitment.... Read more