- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Set in a windmill—built in 1872 and preserved by the government after the 1956 earthquake—Vanilia also encompasses pretty terraces, on which to enjoy the good food. You might start with Greek sardines wrapped vine leaves. Homemade pasta, such as ravioli stuffed with farmer's cheese and tomatoes is a specialty. An intriguing entrée is grilled tuna fish fillet with basil-mint sauce. Yogurt tart with strawberries will make you want to linger at this friendly place.
- Address: Main square, Firostefani, Santorini, 84700
- Phone: 22860/25631
- Location: Firostefani
- Credit cards accepted.
- Closed Nov.--Apr.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $1649 & up -- Greek Islands 8-Night Escape w/Air & Ferry go-today
- $699 & up -- Oceanview: Roundtrip Venice Cruise Royal Caribbean
- $549 & up -- Last Minute: Greek Islands and Turkey Cruise — $549 Royal Caribbean
My husband, one daughter, and I arrived in Athens for a long weekend in the middle of the night. Read more
We had a fantastic trip to Cyprus, Rome and Athens, thanks in large part to the wonderful advice I received from Fodorites. Read more
My boyfriend and I are both wanting to plan a backpacking trip to Europe i want to spend some time everywhere and see everything. Read more
· News & Features
Author and Greek culinary guru Henriette Lazaridis Power peels back the curtain on some of the best Greek... Read more
Honeymoons are the chance to take the adventure of a lifetime.... Read more
These hotels have a problem with commitment.... Read more