- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Captain's Table Review
At the end of a quay, this wonderful taverna serves mouth-watering seafood caught on its own trawler, moored opposite. Try the special of the day or mix-and-match a series of small mezede dishes; best bets include aujuka (spicy eggplant slices) or the smoked mackerel with olives. Fresh fish may include red snapper, sea bream, lobster, and gilt, or spring for the Captain's Platter of assorted fish—it is easily satisfying for two. Owners Melinda and Theo (wonderful resources for visitors) also rent upscale houses a short walk away. Grab a seat early, as the Table gets busy quickly.
- Address: Molyvos harbor across from Ayios Nikolaos chapel, Molyvos, Lesbos, 81108
- Phone: 22530/71241
- Location: Molyvos
- Credit cards accepted.
- Mid-Oct.--mid-Apr. No lunch.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $1649 & up -- Greek Islands 8-Night Escape w/Air & Ferry go-today
- $529 & up -- Summer: Italy-Greece-Turkey 7-Night Cruise Royal Caribbean
- Albania, Macedonia & Beyond IExplore
- Greece Experience — $3,125 IExplore
- $899 & up -- Oceanview: Roundtrip Venice Cruise — $899 Royal Caribbean
My husband, one daughter, and I arrived in Athens for a long weekend in the middle of the night. Read more
We had a fantastic trip to Cyprus, Rome and Athens, thanks in large part to the wonderful advice I received from Fodorites. Read more
Between Athens and Santorini we have 7 nights open for Paros, Naxos and Antiparos.
Please advise weather I can make :
1. daytrips to Paros and Antiparos from Naxos or
2.Noussa Paros as base and daytripped Read more
· News & Features
Author and Greek culinary guru Henriette Lazaridis Power peels back the curtain on some of the best Greek... Read more
Honeymoons are the chance to take the adventure of a lifetime.... Read more
These hotels have a problem with commitment.... Read more