- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Akrogiali Tavern Review
Set right on the beach, and ideal for a twilight dinner, Akrogiali serves Kokkai's tastiest fish. Sold by the kilo, the daily selections vary but are always extensive. The taverna uses local olive oil and grills fish (and meat) on charcoal, also serving up delicious fish soup, along with fresh seafood such as sea urchin or shellfish. In addition, you can enjoy salads made with organic vegetables from the owner's garden, such as capers, tomatoes, and rocket lettuce. Drink down this simple yet wonderful meal with the light and breezy native white wine, made from muscat grapes.
- Address: Kokkari promenade, Kokkari, Samos, 83100
- Phone: 22730/92423
- Location: Kokkari
- No credit cards.
- Closed Nov.--Mar.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $1649 & up -- Greek Islands 8-Night Escape w/Air & Ferry go-today
- $529 & up -- Summer: Italy-Greece-Turkey 7-Night Cruise Royal Caribbean
- Albania, Macedonia & Beyond IExplore
- Greece Experience — $3,125 IExplore
- $899 & up -- Oceanview: Roundtrip Venice Cruise — $899 Royal Caribbean
My husband, one daughter, and I arrived in Athens for a long weekend in the middle of the night. Read more
We had a fantastic trip to Cyprus, Rome and Athens, thanks in large part to the wonderful advice I received from Fodorites. Read more
Between Athens and Santorini we have 7 nights open for Paros, Naxos and Antiparos.
Please advise weather I can make :
1. daytrips to Paros and Antiparos from Naxos or
2.Noussa Paros as base and daytripped Read more
· News & Features
Author and Greek culinary guru Henriette Lazaridis Power peels back the curtain on some of the best Greek... Read more
Honeymoons are the chance to take the adventure of a lifetime.... Read more
These hotels have a problem with commitment.... Read more