The Sporades Feature
- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Top Reasons to Go to The Sporades
Sun-and-Fun Skiathos: Thousands of international sunseekers head here to enjoy famous beaches and then work on their neon tans in the buzzing nightclubs.
Skyros's Style: Set against a dramatic rock, the main town of Skyros is a showstopper of Cycladic houses colorfully set with folk wood carvings and embroideries.
Sylvan Skopelos: Not far from the verdant forests lie 40 picturesque monasteries and Skopelos town, looking like a Sporades Positano.
Golden Sands: The beaches are best on Skiathos, the star location being Koukounaries, whose luscious sands are famous throughout Greece.
"Forever England": The grave of Edwardian poet Rupert Brooke draws pilgrims to Vouno on Skyros.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $1649 & up -- Greek Islands 8-Night Escape w/Air & Ferry go-today
- $549 & up -- Last Minute: Greek Islands and Turkey Cruise Royal Caribbean
- Albania, Macedonia & Beyond IExplore
- Greece Experience — $3,125 IExplore
- $699 & up -- Oceanview: Roundtrip Venice Cruise — $699 Royal Caribbean