- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
At a Glance
- like your own island hideaway
- relatively expensive
Fodor's FindsLowest Price Guarantee
Agionissi Resort Review
If you ever fantasized about staying on a beautiful Greek islet location, just board the private boat that transports you from Ouranoupolis to the secluded isle of Amouliani, which has a village of 500 fishing families and this lovely resort, replete with restaurant, views of Mt. Athos, and nice rooms in bungalows that are modest and uncluttered, with white walls, dark wooden furniture, and traditional rugs. The restaurant has marvelous seafood and an impressive selection of wines from Halkidiki and Mt. Athos. The pool bar has a view of Mt. Athos from its terrace. The resort's three beaches have been awarded the European eco-label Blue Flag for water cleanliness. Half-board is probably better than going for full board, since it's more fun to sample the great seafood available in local tavernas.
- Address: 5-min boat ride from Ouranoupolis, 1½ km (1 mi) outside village, Amouliani, 63075 | Map It
- Phone: 23770/51102; 801/1155550 reservations
- Website: www.agionissiresort.com
- Location: Ouranoupolis
- 69 rooms, 1 suite.
- Rate includes breakfast.
- Credit cards accepted.
- Closed mid-Sept.--mid-May.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- Book 3 Nts in Thessaloniki this May Fr $71+/Nt Save with Expedia, $16/night less
- Book in Thessaloniki Fr $73+/Nt Save with Hotels.com, $23/night less
- Thessaloniki Savings! Book 3 Nts in May Fr $91+/Nt — $91 Save with Expedia, $22/night less
- Super Low Thessaloniki Rate: Book Fr $50+/Nt — $50 Save with Hotels.com, $21/night less
- Save Big This May! Book 3 Nts at The Met Fr $141+/Nt — $141 Expedia
My husband, one daughter, and I arrived in Athens for a long weekend in the middle of the night. Read more
We had a fantastic trip to Cyprus, Rome and Athens, thanks in large part to the wonderful advice I received from Fodorites. Read more
We will be in Greece from June 27th-July 8th and have our itinerary roughly set. Read more
· News & Features
Author and Greek culinary guru Henriette Lazaridis Power peels back the curtain on some of the best Greek... Read more
Honeymoons are the chance to take the adventure of a lifetime.... Read more
These hotels have a problem with commitment.... Read more