- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Kalmár Bed & Breakfast
At a Glance
- friendly staff, authentic ambience, breakfast served on delicate matching porcelain
- no real amenities, some baths only have shower stalls (no tubs), lots of stairs and no elevator
Check Rates from our Partners
Kalmár Bed & Breakfast Review
This elegant stone mansion, dating from 1900, is on the lower slopes of Gellért Hill, right behind the Hotel Gellért. The Kalmár family, who have been running the house as a B&B since 1964, bought the property's rooms and apartments, which were partitioned off during the Communist era, over time. Cheaper doubles on the ground floor are small and dark, but there are also antique-filled suites and opulent, full-scale apartments that can accommodate up to four people. Some rooms have a kitchen, others a terrace. Note that city tax isn't included in the quoted rates.
- Address: District XI, Kelenhegyi út 7-9, Gellért-hegy and Tabán, Budapest, H-1118 | Map It
- Phone: 1/372-7530; 1/271-9312 English-speaking; 06-30/271-9312
- Website: www.kalmarpension.net
- Metro Tram 18, 19, 47, 49 to Szent Gellért tér.
- Location: Gellért-hegy and Tabán
- 10 rooms, 2 suites, 1 deluxe apartment.
- Rate includes breakfast.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- Budapest on Sale! Flights to Budapest From 515 R/T ASAPTickets.com
- May deal: Kempinski Corvinus Budapest Fr $207+/Nt Save with Expedia, $27/night less
- Book in Budapest: Save this May Fr $65+/Nt Save with Expedia, $36/night less
- Cruise deals to Budapest with Avalon Waterways, 7 Nts Fr $2,975 Expedia
- Book in Budapest: Save this May Fr $32+/Nt — $32 Expedia
My husband and I are at the tail end of our 6-week trip, and he has been writing a travel blog. I thought I would post that here, and also the links to the pictures that go with each. Read more
We did a 2 weeks trip to eastern europe over the christmas period 2 years ago. Read more
Traveling to Europe at the end of the month for 10 days, planing to spend 5 days in London and then we where thinking Budepest or Brussels. Read more
· News & Features
Earlier this week, Consumer Reports released their annual study of the best and worst domestic airlines.... Read more
From the steamed cider aromas that hit you in the lobby to the local ingredients served in the restaurant,... Read more
You might not expect to find yourself amongst wine grapes a mere 75 miles outside of New York City.... Read more