- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
From late July through early September, two swift hydrofoils leave Vienna daily at 8 AM and 1 PM (once-a-day trips are scheduled mid-April-late July and September-October). After a 5½-hour journey downriver with a stop in Bratislava, the Slovak capital, and views of Hungary's largest church, the cathedral in Esztergom, the boats head into Budapest via its main artery, the Danube. The upriver journey takes about an hour longer. Combined hydrofoil-train and hydrofoil-bus trips are also available for those who prefer that one leg of their trip be by land.
Schedules are available at the MAHART PassNave office and on its Web site, as well as at most hotels, travel agencies, and tourist information offices. Tickets (EUR 75 one-way, EUR 99 round-trip) are reserved through the MAHART PassNave Web site or by phone. They can be purchased by credit card via phone or the Web site, or they can be purchased in person at the check-in counter by cash or credit card (MC, V).
MAHART PassNave (1/484-4013 main info line; 1/318-1223 boat landing at Vigadó tér. www.mahartpassnave.hu.)
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- Budapest on Sale! Flights to Budapest From 515 R/T ASAPTickets.com
- Mamaison Residence Izabella Budapest in May: $203 & Up Expedia
- Visit Budapest for Less: Hotels Fr $166+/Nt Travelocity
- See Budapest with Avalon Waterways, 7 Nts Fr $2,675 Expedia
- Save in Budapest: Book 3 Nts in May Fr $74+/Nt — $74 Save with Expedia, $20/night less