One of Icelands two major shopping malls, Smáralind (pronounced smow-ra-lind), is in Kópavogur, a community neighboring Reykjavík to the south. It's huge and houses, among other stores, British-based Debenhams as well as Iceland's own hypermarket chain, Hagkaup. From Reykjavík, you can take the S2 or 24 bus, but for a bit more than ISK 2,000, you can take a cab and save a lot of precious shopping time.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- Iceland Viking Challenge Family IExplore
- Lands of the Midnight Sun IExplore
- Iceland Hiking Adventure — $1,395 IExplore
- Iceland: Viking Challenge — $2,099 IExplore
- Lands of the Midnight Sun — $10,790 IExplore
I went to Iceland last September for 10 days.
I've been a lurker for far too long! I would like to thank everybody on here for all your help regarding my trip and without all of you my trip would not have Read more
It took me awhile to post this but here is a trip report from our visit to Iceland in July of 2012. Read more
Leaving for Iceland around end of may, 2013 for 6 days. Read more
· News & Features
Wineries have a very obvious main draw. ... Read more
The Aran Islands (Inishmore, Inishmaan, and Inisheer) are three small, but adventure-packed islands o... Read more
It happens all the time: you're just stopping in to grab one thing and the next thing you know, you've... Read more