County Clare, Galway, and the Aran Islands Feature
- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Top Reasons to Go to County Clare, Galway, and the Aran Islands
Ancient Aran: Spend at least one night on one of the Oileáin Árainn (Aran Islands), three outposts of Gaelic civilization, which still have a strong whiff of the "old ways"—and not just the whiff of turf smoke.
Foot-Tapping in Doolin and Ennis: Tap your foot in time to "trad" Irish music—those heavenly strains of traditional Irish folk music—and sip your pint as you while away an afternoon and maybe an evening as well, in one of Doolin's or Ennis's noted music bars.
High-Style Galway: A university town and booming, buzzing hive of activity, with great theaters, bars, nightlife, shopping, and restaurants, Galway is the city that loves to celebrate and, as one of Europe's fastest-growing townships, has much to offer.
The Mighty Cliffs of Moher: Rising straight out of the sea to a height of 700 feet, these cliffs—standing in silence as they look out over the wild Atlantic—give you a new understanding of the word "awesome."
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- Book the Eyre Square 3 Nts in May Fr $154+/Nt Expedia
- Book in Galway: Save at the Clybaun in May Fr $141+/Nt Save with Expedia, $23/night less
- Galway Savings! Book at Corrib Village Fr $48+/Nt — $48 Save with Expedia, $9/night less
- Save Big This May! Book 3 Nts in Galway at Victoria Fr $158+/Nt — $158 Expedia
- $115 & Up: Clayton 4-Star Hotel in Galway — $115 Expedia