Sights & Attractions in County Clare, Galway, and the Aran Islands
- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Sights & Attractions County Clare, Galway, and the Aran Islands
|A-C D-M N-Z « Prev |  Next »|
A vast 2-million-year-old cave, Aillwee is the biggest and most...
Aran Doolin Ferries
Aran Doolin Ferries makes the 30-minute trip from Doolin Pier...
Bunratty Castle and Folk Park
Two of those rare attractions that appeal to all ages, Bunrattty...
|Castles / Palaces||Bunratty Castle|
Along with a café and a crafts shop with good maps and...
|Information Centers||The Burren|
The Burren Way
You can explore the Burren area by car, from a bike, or from...
Caherconnell Stone Fort
There are several stone forts in the Burren thought to have been...
|Archaeological Sites||The Burren|
Cathedral of Our Lady Assumed into Heaven and St. Nicholas
On Nun's Island, which forms the west bank of the River Corrib...
|Religious Sites||Galway City|
Cathedral of St. Fachtna
Beside the Burren Centre in Kilfenora, the ruins of a small 12th-century...
|Religious Sites||The Burren|
Church of Kevin
Signposted to the southeast of the quay, the Church of Kevin...
|Religious Sites||Inis Oirr (Inisheer)|
On the west bank of the Corrib estuary, this district was once...
|Neighborhoods / Streets||Galway City|
Clare Archaeology Centre
Housed in a 15th-century castle on the edge of Corofin, this...
Clare Heritage and Genealogical Research Centre
Corofin? It's not a town but a tiny village of perhaps 200 people...
Cliffs of Moher
The Cliffs of Moher have a long and nearly hallowed history...
|Viewpoints||The Cliffs of Moher|
Coole Park & Gardens
Located north of the little town of Gort, Coole Park was once...
It's a strange experience to walk across the little wooden bridge...
|Castles / Palaces||Craggaunowen Project|
|« Prev |  Next »|
Browse All County Clare, Galway, and the Aran Islands Sights
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- Small budget: Book The g Galway 3 Nts in May Fr $280+/Nt Save with Expedia, $17/night less
- Book 3-Star Clybaun in Galway Fr $130+/Nt Save with Expedia, $21/night less
- Save in Galway: Book 3 Nts in May at Corrib Village Fr $49+/Nt — $49 Save with Expedia, $10/night less
- Galway Savings! Book 3 Nts in May Fr $167+/Nt — $167 Expedia
- Save Big This May! Book 3 Nts in Galway Fr $303+/Nt — $303 Expedia