- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
The Strawberry Tree
The Strawberry Tree Review
Claiming to be Ireland's only "certified organic restaurant," this spot has been getting great reviews for its serious approach to all-natural but always stylish cuisine. Idyllically located at the heart of the vast BrookLodge Hotel, it's tucked away in a rural valley. The glossy decor—midnight-blue walls, mirrored ceiling, and gleaming mahogany furniture—comes as a surprise, but cues you into the classy service and creative menu. Wild wood-pigeon terrine, carrot-and-orange sorbet, and guinea fowl with dried fruit compote are part of the feast that can be enjoyed at the Big Table, which seats up to 40. After dessert, check out the spectacular wine cellar.
- Address: BrookLodge Hotel, Macreddin Rd., Macreddin Village, Co. Wicklow
- Phone: 0402/36444
- Website: www.brooklodge.com
- Location: Wicklow Town
- Credit cards accepted.
- Nov.--Mar., closed Mon.--Wed.; Apr., May, and Oct., closed Mon. and Tue; June--mid-July and Sept., closed Mon.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $1336 & up -- Ireland: 6-Nt. Ritz-Carlton Escape w/Air Sceptre Tours
- $1999 -- British Isles: 7-Night Windstar Cruise, 70% Off Windstar Cruises
- $1165 -- Irish Cities & Scenery Tour: 7-Nts. w/Guide — $1,165 Sceptre Tours
- $1428 & up -- Castles & Abbey: 6-Nt. Ireland Trip w/Air — $1,428 Sceptre Tours
- $1351 & up -- Irish Escape: 7-Nt. Multi-City Vacation w/Air — $1,351 Great Value Vacations
I apologize to those of you that are annoyed by a duplicate post, but it was a good suggestion to add the line breaks. Read more
Just back from two weeks in Ireland. Read more
We will arrive at Dublin airport 7:30ish on Sat. Read more
· News & Features
We're sure your friends' Instagram photos of their puppies are super cute, but Brad Tully's animal snaps... Read more
From major airline uniform upgrades to tips from the jet set on doing Paris right, this was a very chic... Read more
The curious and daring among you will discover the vibrant, gilded landscape of Istanbul, the city tha... Read more