- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Italian Phrases
Florence Hotel Reviews
Florence is equipped with hotels for all budgets; for instance, you can find both budget and luxury hotels in the centro storico (historic center) and along the Arno. Florence has so many famous landmarks that it's not hard to find lodging with a panoramic vista. The equivalent of the genteel pensioni of yesteryear can still be found, though they are now officially classified as hotels. Generally small and intimate, they often have a quaint appeal that usually doesn't preclude modern plumbing.
Florence's importance not only as a tourist city but as a convention center and the site of the Pitti fashion collections guarantees a variety of accommodations. The high demand also means that, except in winter, reservations are a must.
If you find yourself in Florence with no reservations, go to Consorzio ITA (Stazione Centrale, Santa Maria Novella 055/282893). You must go there in person to make a booking.
Browse Florence Hotels
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $1399 & up -- Taste of Italy: 6-Night Escape w/Air & Taxes go-today
- $599 & up -- 7-Night Roundtrip Spain Cruise in Spring Royal Caribbean
- $649 & up -- 7-Night Cruise thru Mediterranean in Summer — $649 Royal Caribbean