- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Italian Phrases
At a Glance
- several rooms have views of the Arno
- the spacious suite is a bargain
- stairs to elevator
- some rooms share bath
Fodor's FindsLowest Price Guarantee
An aura of grandeur pervades this clean, ample rooms a block from the Ponte Vecchio. The building, known as the Palazzo Roselli del Turco, was designed in 1507 by Baccio d'Agnolo, a contemporary of Michelangelo's. Friendly hosts Anna and Andrea Gennarini speak fluent English.
- Address: Borgo Santi Apostoli 17, Santa Maria Novella, Florence, 50123 | Map It
- Phone: 055/283438
- Website: www.hotelalessandra.com
- Location: Santa Maria Novella to the Arno
- 26 rooms, 19 with bath; 1 suite; 1 apartment.
- Rate includes breakfast.
- Credit cards accepted.
- Closed Dec. 10--26.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $1399 & up -- Taste of Italy: 6-Night Escape w/Air & Taxes go-today
- $1799 -- 7-Nt. Luxe French & Italian Riviera Cruise, 70% Off Windstar Cruises
- $599 & up -- 7-Night Roundtrip Spain Cruise in Spring — $599 Royal Caribbean
- $599 & up -- Weeklong Italy & France Cruise in Summer — $599 Royal Caribbean
- $649 & up -- 7-Night Cruise thru Mediterranean in Summer — $649 Royal Caribbean
Just got back from a 12 day trip in Italy where I spent the first 4 nights in Rome, 3 nights in Ischia, and a day trip to Frascati. Read more
Above is a blog that I hope will be entertaining and helpful to anyone who might be interested in backpacking across the continent. This is specifically for anyone who's Read more
We are considering taking a day trip from Florence to Sienna by car. Read more
· News & Features
Florence may not be first on your list of up-and-coming cities, but the Renaissance City is constantly... Read more
Feeling a little down on your luck?... Read more
Few countries can offer what Italy can in the way of local culinary specialties, art, and architecture,... Read more