Milan, Lombardy, and the Lakes Feature
- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Italian Phrases
Milan's Furniture Fair
During the Salone del Mobile, Milan's furniture fair, in early April, the city is a scene—there are showroom openings, cocktail parties, and product launches, and design types dressed in black and wearing funny glasses fill the sidewalks and bars.
Except for a few free days, the Salone del Mobile is for professionals only, but you can still participate. Newspapers such as Corriere della Sera usually run an English supplement, and special design-week freebies list public events around Milan called "Fuorisalone" (www.fuorisalone.it). Major players such as bathroom and kitchen specialist Boffi (Via Solferino 11) and Capellini (Via Santa Cecilia 4) launch new products in their stores. Warning: Do not visit if you have not planned ahead. Hotel rooms and restaurant seating are impossible to find. See www.fieramilano.it for dates.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- Super Sale! Flights to Milan From 515 R/T ASAPTickets.com
- Book 5-Star Meli? Milano Fr $262+/Nt Save with Expedia, $31/night less
- Carlyle Brera in May: $184 & Up Save with Expedia, $18/night less
- 4-Star Milan Sale! 4 Nts + Air Fr $1445 Expedia
- Milan Savings! Book at Park Hyatt Milan Fr $753+/Nt — $753 Expedia