Naples and Campania Feature
- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Italian Phrases
Top Reasons to Go
Walking the streets of Naples: Its energy, chaos, and bursts of beauty make Naples the most operatic of Italian cities.
Exploring Pompeii: The excavated ruins of Pompeii are a unique and occasionally spooky glimpse into everyday life—and sudden death—in Roman times.
"The Living Room of the World": Pose oh-so-casually with the beautiful people sipping their Camparis on La Piazzetta, the central crossroads of Capri: a stage-set square that always seems ready for a gala performance.
Ravishing Ravello: High above the Amalfi Coast, two spectacular villas compete for the title of most beautiful spot in southern Italy.
A world made of stairs: Built like a vertical amphitheater piggybacked with houses, Positano may very well be the best triathlon training ground imaginable. The town's only job is to look enchanting—and it does that very well.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- Italian Holidays! Flights to Naples From 645 R/T ASAPTickets.com
- 3-Star Grand Europa Fr $62+/Nt Save with Hotels.com, $36/night less
- Super Low Naples Rate: Book Fr $61+/Nt Save with Hotels.com, $15/night less
- See Europe on the MSC Preziosa (MSC Cruises)! Fr $549 Expedia
- Italian Holidays! Flights to Naples From 645 R/T — $645+ ASAPTickets.com