Naples and Campania Restaurants
- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Italian Phrases
Naples and Campania Restaurant Reviews
Think of Neapolitan food and you conjure up pasta, pizza, and tomatoes. The stereotype barely scratches the surface of what's available in Naples, and much less in the rest of Campania, whose cuisine reflects an enormously diverse landscape.
Campania is known for its enclaves of gastronomy, notable among them the tip of the Sorrento Peninsula and the Campi Flegrei, west of Naples. You usually get better value outside Naples, and you may well come across cucina povera, a cuisine inspired by Campania's contadino (peasant) roots, where all the ingredients are sourced from a nearby garden. Expect to see roadside stalls selling stellar local produce, including annurca apples (near Benevento), giant lemons (Amalfi Coast), roasted chestnuts (especially near Avellino), and watermelons (the plains around Salerno). Try to get to one of the local sagre village feasts celebrating a prodotto tipico (local specialty), which could be anything from snails to wild boar to cherries to, more commonly, wine.
Browse Naples and Campania Restaurants
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- Italian Holidays! Flights to Naples From 645 R/T ASAPTickets.com
- 4-Star Montespina Park Fr $94+/Nt Save with Hotels.com, $24/night less
- Naples Savings! Book 3 Nts in May Fr $58+/Nt Save with Expedia, $6/night less
- Explore Europe with MSC Cruises Fr $549 Expedia
- 4-Star Renaissance Naples Mediterraneo Fr $159+/Nt — $159 Save with Hotels.com, $71/night less