- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Italian Phrases
To arrive by car, take the A3 Napoli-Salerno highway exit "Torre del Greco" and follow Via E. De Nicola from the tollbooth. Follow signs for the Parco Nazionale del Vesuvio.
There's regular bus service up Vesuvius operated by Vesuviana Mobilitá (081/9634420www.vesuvianamobilita.it, €10.60 return from Pompeii Piazza Anfiteatro, €9.60 from Ercolano Circumvesuviana station), although it's far quicker to take the trips up Vesuvius on minibuses run by Vesuvio Express (081/7393666www.vesuvioexpress.it, €10 return from Ercolano Circumvesuviana station). Both services will take you up to the car park and the starting point of the path up to the cone's top.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- Italian Holidays! Flights to Naples From 645 R/T ASAPTickets.com
- Naples Savings! Book 3 Nts in May at Schilizzi Fr $103+/Nt Expedia
- Super Low Naples Rate: Book Fr $49+/Nt Save with Hotels.com, $6/night less
- 7 Nt Cruise! See Europe with MSC Cruises Fr $549 Expedia
- Book the Romeo 3 Nts in May Fr $290+/Nt — $290 Expedia