- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Italian Phrases
Funivie Courmayeur/Mont Blanc. Courmayeur pales in comparison to its French neighbor, Chamonix, in both the quality and the number of its ski runs (it has only 24). But with good natural snow cover, the trails and vistas are spectacular. A huge gondola leads from the center of Courmayeur to Plan Checrouit, where other gondolas and lifts lead to the slopes. The skiing around Monte Bianco is particularly good, and the off-piste options are among the best in Europe. The routes from Cresta d'Arp (the local peak) to Dolonne, and from La Palud area into France, should be done with a guide. Contact the Funivie Courmayeur/Mont Blanc for complete information about lift tickets, ski runs, and weather conditions. La Palud 22, Courmayeur. 0165/89925. www.montebianco.com.
Società delle Guide Alpine. The society provides year-round Alpine guiding services. Strada Villair 2, Courmayeur, 11013. 0165/842064. www.guidecourmayeur.com.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- Turin Savings! Book at Plaza Torino Fr $119+/Nt Expedia
- Turin Savings! Book 3 Nts in May Fr $158+/Nt Expedia
- BEST WESTERN Piemontese in May: $104 & Up — $104 Save with Expedia, $17/night less
- Book the Idea Torino Moncalieri 3 Nts in May Fr $87+/Nt — $87 Expedia
- Book 3 Nts in Turin this May Fr $129+/Nt — $129 Save with Expedia, $20/night less