Puglia, Basilicata, and Calabria Hotels
- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Italian Phrases
Puglia, Basilicata, and Calabria Hotel Reviews
Hotels in the region range from grand, if slightly faded, high-class resorts to family-run rural agriturismi (country inns, often part of farms), which compensate for a lack of amenities with their famous southern hospitality. Fattorie and masserie (small farms and grander farm estates) offering accommodation are listed at local tourist offices.
In beach areas such as the Gargano Promontory and Salento, campgrounds and bungalow lodgings are ubiquitous and popular with families and young budget travelers alike. Note that many seaside hotels open up just for the summer season, when they often require several-day stays with full or half board. And do remember that in a region like this—blazingly hot in summer and chilly in winter—air-conditioning and central heating can be important.
Browse Puglia, Basilicata, and Calabria Hotels
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- Book 4-Star Terranobile Meta Fr $134+/Nt Save with Expedia, $24/night less
- Special deal: 4-Star Palace Bari Fr $189+/Nt Save with Expedia, $31/night less
- Hot Deal on a 7 Nt Cruise! MSC Cruises Fr $569 Expedia
- Save Big This May! Book 3 Nts at Boston Fr $125+/Nt — $125 Save with Expedia, $12/night less
- Journey to Europe on the MSC Divina (MSC Cruises)! Fr $849 — $849 Expedia