- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Italian Phrases
Funivia (cable car). You can buy a ski pass (€34-€38 per day) and pick up a trail map at the base in the center of town to connect to the Bormio 2000 station (6,600 feet) on Vallecetta, the main resort mountain. From there, you can ski down intermediate trails (which comprise the majority of Bormio's runs), use the extensive lift network to explore secondary ski areas, or get another funivia up to the Bormio 3000 station at Cima Bianca (9,800 feet) for more challenging terrain. The cable car also runs July to mid-September, when it is used by mountain bikers to reach long trails through breathtaking Alpine terrain; less-ambitious visitors can wander around and then ride the cable car back down. Via Battaglion Morbegno 25, Bormio, 23032. 0342/902770. www.skipassaltavaltellina.it.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- Book the Park Laurin 3 Nts in May Fr $242+/Nt Expedia
- Book in Bolzano: Save this May Fr $220+/Nt Expedia