- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Italian Phrases
Alta Badia. The Alta Badia ski area, which includes 52 ski lifts and 130 km (80 mi) of slopes, can be reached by heading 30 km (19 mi) south on SS244 from Brunico. It's cheaper and more Austrian in character than the more famous ski destinations in this region. Groomed trails for cross-country skiing (usually loops marked off by the kilometer) accommodate differing degrees of ability. Inquire at the local tourist office. Brunico. 0471/836366 Corvara. www.altabadia.org.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- Save at 4-Star Park Laurin: $241 & Up in May Expedia
- Save in Bolzano: Book 3 Nts in May at Greif Fr $219+/Nt Expedia